GPS Information.net Forum >

Questions and Answers about GPS Technology and Equipment
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:15 pm 
normal user

Hi, thanks for adding me. I am writing because I am not able to successfully Restore my addresses from my OLD Magellan Maestro 3225 (2008 model) to my newly purchased used Magellan Maestro 3225. Here is the details:

Original Maestro died, no power. I had backed up my addresses about a year ago on the SD card using the device's internal software. So, I bought another one, this one was used, of course. I inserted the SD card into the "new" one, used the GPS's RESTORE utility. Device rebooted. When I go to search on my addresses, or "list all", I get the message "The Address Book is Empty." I then manually copied the appropriate files onto the new device - same exact thing. I even tried deleting the contents of the TGUSERA.DAT file from the new GPS using Windows Notepad, saving it, then copying the contents of the TGUSERA.DAT from the old backup file, into the new one. Same result.

Can anyone offer me a workaround or some kind of solution to fix this? Like many, I have many addresses saved from the Lower 48 States, and Puerto Rico, too. Many cannot simply be entered with address names, as I had to create them by saving the Map location where I was at the time.

Thanks in advance.